commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando Association Pin Badge Identification.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Frank
Forum Member

Good evening, many thanks for my addition to the group, my interest stems from family history and the discovery that my Great uncle served in Burma during WWII.
Please forgive the cheek of me asking a question on my first post but I was wondering if here is a way of finding out the recipient of a Commando Association Badge by the number on the rear? I have one numbered 2123 and was wondering if it was possible.
Many thanks once again for the addition to your fine group.

Frank.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Frank

I asked this very question of the former Commando Association Secretary some years ago. Sadly he said that there was no existing record with the detail of names corresponding to the number on the back of the badges.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

I think the number on the badge matches the number in the Old Comrades Association of the Special Service Brigade booklet. If you can find the little blue member's book you might be in luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/01/2019 15:33:25

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Frank
Forum Member

Hi Pete / Peter Cooper

Thank you so much for the reply, That's sad news about no record being available, it would be nice to put a name to the badge.

Where would be the best place to try to find the little blue members book? was this something given to members or is it an official booklet?, sorry to ask, or if I sound a bit thick, it's all new to me.

Best Regards always
Frank.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the CVA Website and Forums.

Are you trying to find out about your Great Uncle or have you come across the badge and wish to know more about it?

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/01/2019 18:55:16

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

It's simply a membership card in booklet form and was given to every member along with the badge.

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Frank
Forum Member

Hello Nick, sorry to be vague, the pin badge is one that I came across and wondered if it could be attributed to a individual, that way I would do some research into him, this seemed the only starting point available.

My Great uncle is another man who served and is sadly no longer with us.
I thought it would be better to try to seek information regarding his service at a later date on a separate thread, to avoid confusion.

Cheers for the reply,
Regards
Frank.
Frank
Forum Member

[quote=Peter Cooper]It's simply a membership card in booklet form and was given to every member along with the badge.[/quote]

Thank you Peter Cooper, unfortunately I do not have the booklet.

Many thanks
Frank.

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger