commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Frederick Alfred Dunning  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Jamiejjc
Forum Member

Hello, I'm trying to find out any information at all regarding Frederick Alfred Dunning. He served with 2SBS in Bahrain in Singapore in the early 1960s. He passed away and I'm trying to find out info for his daughter and widow. Any help would be much appreciated.
Jamiejjc
Forum Member

Not sure if too late but he was known as Chippy.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your original post - it slipped past me somehow!

Looking at the dates he served in the SBS, I'm assuming that he was a Royal Marine?
May I recommend that his family apply to the Ministry of Defence for his service record.
The record is available to his close family and if his widow signs the consent form then there is no fee (otherwise there is a fee of £30).

Here are links to the two forms that would need to be completed and accompanied by a copy of his death certificate.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545054/request_service_details_NOK_pt1_v6.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545058/request_for_service_details_rnrm_application_part2_1_.pdf

Hope this is helpful. If you need any assistance or have further enquiries please let us know...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Jamiejjc
Forum Member

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to pass on.

Best, Jamie

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger