commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
stanley stevens 105822  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
buzzard
Forum Member

hi . i have recently purchased some items , at auction , which belonged to stanley stevens ex 3 & 12 commando i believe . Any added information that anyone could provide would be very appreciated . many thanks martin
GrahamCooper
Forum Member

Hello Martin,

Welcome to our association.

The only information I have on Stanley Stevens,is as follows,yes he served in both 12 and 3 Cdo.

His serial number is in the range issued to the Royal Army Service Corp (R.A.S.C.)

His death was notified in the March 1991 ,Association newsletter,

It showed that he lived in BOW,London.

Not much, but it all helps,hopefully more information

Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
buzzard
Forum Member

great thankyou very much graham and yes every little helps ...remembering them all ...always ! regards martin
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I had an enquiry about a collection over 7 years ago and posted it on our Forum. I do not think the Stevens you refer to is the Army Commando. I think there should be a PLY/ X before that service number hence a Royal Marine.

Check out this forum message and you will see what I mean:

http://forum.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/1514.page

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
buzzard
Forum Member

yes pete thankyou they are the items i purchased last month . martin
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have no information on this man. You may wish to try an enquiry to the Royal Marines Association, or RM Historical Society.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
buzzard
Forum Member

ok thankyou pete i will try that . martin
jostevens
Forum Member

I am the grand daughter of Stanley Stevens who was a Royal Marine Commando and part of the group know as the 'Cockleshell heroes' in World War 2.
He talked very little about any aspect of the War and gave away all items from that time.
My family has tape recordings from the only interview that we could persuade him to do (with the Imperial War Museum) and a few books namely 'The Secret Navies' and SBS but would be extremely grateful for any information regarding my grandfather.
jostevens
Forum Member

I have viewed the items and the writing is by my Grampa's hand.
His real name was William Stanley Stevens but known as Stan.
I will try to attach some photos from some of the books I have but all the original photos and maps were donated to the the 'Royal Marines Museum' after his death in 1994.
I truly hope that these items are in good hands and if at a time in the future you decide to sell you will please let the family know first.

kewdos
Forum Member

jostevens wrote:I am the grand daughter of Stanley Stevens who was a Royal Marine Commando and part of the group know as the 'Cockleshell heroes' in World War 2.
He talked very little about any aspect of the War and gave away all items from that time.
My family has tape recordings from the only interview that we could persuade him to do (with the Imperial War Museum) and a few books namely 'The Secret Navies' and SBS but would be extremely grateful for any information regarding my grandfather.

Hi I can give you some information on William Stanley Stevens: quite a lot actually.

i dont wish to share via site for moment.
suggestions on contacting ? think you can do a private message but unsure how to.........
rsvp

Q
buzzard
Forum Member

hi that sounds great ...my email is [email protected] ...thankyou

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger