commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The SAS and LRDG Roll of Honour 1941 - 1947  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

http://www.sas-lrdg-roh.com/index.html

This box set of nearly 800 pages will be of huge interest to anyone who appreciates the history of WW2 Special Forces. The 374 individual entries give a fascinating insight into the courage and fortitude of both professional and wartime soldiers who performed special deeds for the sake of others. Their engaging stories intertwine to accurately plot the evolution of the SAS, SBS (1st SAS), LRDG and of F Squadron, GHQ Liaison Regiment (Phantom). They also throw new and objective light on operations that have previously, in the main, only been described in Boys' Own terms. This Roll of Honour forms a fitting tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice during such operations.

http://www.sas-lrdg-roh.com/index.html

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks for this link Pete.
What a fantastic and beautiful project and tribute.....this one goes in my library.

Regards
John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

GrahamCooper
Forum Member

Hi All,

This book set is good value,first class information ,cradle to grave data on individuals military history.

There are many reference of previous commando service prior to SAS / LRDG service.

Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Oh my! How wonderful!

Somebody'll need to take theirs up to Fort William next year and let me have a look. :)

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Received my copy of this wonderful piece of work today.
Beautifully produced and the information enclosed is fabulous.
What a brilliant project.....congratulations all involved.
Best Regards

John M

Primus Inter Pares

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

John, indeed its is a fabulous piece of work. It is all down to one dedicated member of the SAS who for many years invested his own time and money in between deployments, including paying for hundreds of service records, and contacting veterans, to produce this fabulous piece of research. I have been in touch with him and, with his consent, have updated our website nominal rolls with some detail of those with earlier Commando service where we did not have it, but as profits are now going to the charity Combat Stress, I hope others bear this in mind, and encourage people to buy the book set. If you want to help Combat Stress what better way of doing so.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

I absolutely agree on all points Pete.....

A beautiful set of books to own....I hope many will support this project and purchase one for themselves.....apart from the good they will do ..this is going to be a much sort after work.

All power to it .

Regards

John M

Primus Inter Pares

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The perfect Christmas present for someone and you will also be helping the charity Combat Stress. All profits now going to this excellent charity. I have a copy and it is excellent.

To launch this next phase of the Roll of Honour project the next 100 box sets to be sold will come fitted with a WW2 SAS veteran signed bookplate at no extra charge.
Order now to avoid disappointment. Box sets are only available from:

www.sas-lrdg-roh.com
or email:
[email protected]

From the author

So far, 100% of profit from this project (£30,000) has been donated to Combat Stress. Recent sales mean that very soon I will be able to add a further £15,000 to this, thereby reaching my third objective of donating £45,000 to this very worthy charity that helps veterans suffering with PTSD. Once this last tranche has been donated the focus will switch to my final aim: To then ring-fence all of the remaining profit (estimated at £20,000) to help fund the erection of small, modest memorials where men of the SAS were murdered after capture.

Please post on Facebook and other Social Media sites.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 24/11/2017 22:14:44

[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

A fantastic work ......highly recommended and well received by the units.

Regards

JohnM

Primus Inter Pares

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger