commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Herbert John Morris No 2 Commando (funeral arrangements)  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that Fred Davis advises us of the death yesterday, the 11th May 2016, of CVA founder member and former No 2 Commando, Herbert John Morris. Known to everyone as John or Johnnie, he was a regular attender at CVA Events and will be very much missed by all who knew him. Such a nice friendly guy, it was always a pleasure to sit down and have a chat with him.

Rest in peace John.
[Thumb - John Morris.jpg]
 Filename John Morris.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  353 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/05/2016 15:29:12

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

One of the best.

Gorffwys mewn Heddwch, Johnnie.

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks for all your wonderful stories, Johnny. It was a pleasure and an honour to have met you.

Janet
Di Robinson
Forum Member

From the moment Kim and I met John in 2005 to the last time I saw him in Fort William 2 years ago, when we talked late into the night about his wife, his time in No 2 Commando and many other things, it was always a pleasure to see his smiling face and watch him 'run' around the Alex like someone many years his junior! He will be very sadly missed by all.

God bless you John

Love
Di & Kim
xx

Di Robinson
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Message from our Charman Fred Davies

You will no doubt now be aware of the sad passing of John (Johnny to most) Morris. I have just been informed that his funeral will take place at Worthing crematorium on Wednesday 1st June at 11:20hrs. Please pass this info on to anyone you think may be interested who I may have inadvertently missed off.
John served in 2 Cdo and was part of SS Bde operating particularly in Italy and Yugoslavia during WWII. John has been a staunch member of the CVA and supported most functions. A regular attender at Fort William and The National Memorial at Alrewas, The Royal Hospital Chelsea and Elmwood school. John's family have all passed before him with the exception of his son-in-law John Moran.

If any of you can spare the time to give this lovely, loyal and dedicated man the send off he deserves, it will be much appreciated.

It will also be appreciated If you could indicate your intention to attend to assist with catering.

Kindest regards Fred

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

With his funeral a week tomorrow, I thought I would point people in the direction of an interview he gave to the Imperial War Museum. There are 4 reels and its is really interesting to listen to. The link is at the foot of the entry I have created on the website for Johnny ( click on his name highlighted against 'source' ):

http://www.commandoveterans.org/HerbertJohnMorris2Commando

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Further to funeral arrangements:

Family request no flowers - however, donations to MACMILLAN NURSES The Funeral Director advised me that this can be done online, or by a cheque to them at H. D. Tribe Funeral Directors, 130 Broadwater Road, Worthing, BN14 8HU, made out to the charity, or at the Funeral on the day.

[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger