commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fusilier Henry Eirvin Teasdale Nos 4 & 6 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that Paul Shepherd advises us of the death yesterday, the 14th January 2015, of his father in law Henry Eirvin Teasdale who served in No 4 and No 6 Commando. Henry was 90 years old. Paul adds
"Henry was proud to serve his country in WW2 and Korea and was proud to be a Commando. He attended the Remembrance Sunday parade in Fort William in 2013 with all his family, and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend but now his fight is over."

Our condolences to Paul, and all Henry's family and friends

Rest in peace Henry

[Thumb - Henry Eirvin Teasdale and his Grandson.jpg]
 Filename Henry Eirvin Teasdale and his Grandson.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Photo courtesy of Henry's daughter Jean Crowther
 Filesize 210 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  355 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/01/2015 12:31:49

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We remember all the relatives. God bless.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am so very sorry to hear this.

I had the great honour of meeting Mr Teasdale in Fort William. Such a lovely man. I'll always remember him fondly.

Thinking of his family at this sad time.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
Jacqueline Foster
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We thank Mr Teasdale for his service and send our condolences to his family and friends. Rest easy.

Treasured are the years
Spent with thee
Sweet thy memory...
(Isabella Robertson Notman)
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Funeral is on Monday 26th January at City Road Crematorium, Sheffield. If anyone wishes to attend let me know and I will put you in touch with the family.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

R.I.P. Mr TEASDALE. Thanks for all you've done for us. Love to the family from Normandy.

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger