commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
My Son Jimmy Lain  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear Friends and Members,
It is with great sadness I anounce to you all the passing of my Son, Jimmy, Jimmy had often attended the gatherings at Fort William in remebrance of his grandfather whom he held in the highest esteem, this is such a tragedy for all of us especially his dear wife and children.
Thankyou
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

It can't be said enough - my thoughts are with you all. Jimmy will be missed and remembered by all who had the pleasure of meeting and knowing him.

Hugs and love from way over here.

Janet xx
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Ron Bev & Family

We are devastated for you on hearing this tragic news.

Jimmy was a lovely lad and so proud of his family..........please accept our deepest sympathy.

God Bless you all

John & Bernie Mewett

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear Ron & Bev,
I was absolutely devasted when I heard your terrible news. Words cannot express how I feel and I cannot imagine what you and the Lain Clan are going through.

Jimmy is at peace and has probably met up with Pops Lain.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace Jimmy.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Jennifer Barlow
Forum Member

So very sorry for your terrible loss and my heart goes out to you, your family and his friends. Jimmy will be mourned by all who knew him, especially at Fort William where his humour, teasing and smile lit up cold and rainy days.

Fondest memories and love to you all

Jennie x
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Ron, I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. I remember having a couple of pints and a chat with Jimmy at FW and he was such a nice and friendly young man. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the family.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hazel and I send our best wishes to you ,Bev, Denise and family I will always remember his dazzling smile

SE Donnison
[MSN]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Jimmy was another 'diamond geezer' who always put a smile on your face. Such a genuine young lad who endeared all those who knew him. A snappy dresser who we were always chuffed to see when he turned up at Fort William, even if it was late and he'd driven through the night! (avoiding the odd stag on the roads through Glencoe en-route).

He will always be remembered along with his Grandad Gordon when we go to Fort William each year.

Here's to you Jimmy, God Bless you and keep you safe.

Our thoughts are with Zan and the children and also Ron and the Clan.

Love from the Murray's

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/05/2012 22:29:27

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Jack Bakker
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We were shocked when we read this tragic news. Ria and I met Jimmy last year in Fort William and had a drink with him and a chat. He was a very nice guy with a good sense of humour who was smiling all the time. It was a real pleasure meeting him and I can still hear his voice.

Our thoughts and condolances go out to his dear wife and children and of course to Ron, Bev and the family.

Rest in Peace Jimmy.

Love from Jack and Ria Bakker
Jack.S.No1
Forum Member

So sorry to hear your tragic news. My thoughts are with you all.

Elaine -proud daughter of CSM. John (Jack) C H Southworth, M.M. (Sedjenane), No 1 Commando, 4 Troop and 1/5 Commando Burma

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger