commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Last Heroes of WWII on TV (Commandos)  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

I have just watched the last episode of this programme and there is a short clip of some Commandos preparing for an operation. They may well be on board a ship. One has his fighting knife between his teeth whilst
attending to another task. The combined operations badge is visible on his shoulder. I assume this is available on the Channel 4 'TV on demand' replay system.
Perhaps someone can identify the op.

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Jack Bakker
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Peter,

I read your discription of the scene and recognized it at once. I hope... Could it be the scene which is in the link? On the film the man on the right puts his fighting knife between his teeth. This photo is on page 122 in the book The Fighting Fourth by Jimmy Dunning. The caption says: TSM Bill Portman, MM (left), supervises the priming of Mills (36) grenades on the open deck of the Maid of Orleans on the evening of D-1.

I hope I am right...

Regards,

Jack

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/4/4+Cdo+Bill+PORTMAN.jpg.html

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger