commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fort William and Spean Bridge Services and Events November 2011  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Jack may know, Nick.

Jack Bakker
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am sorry, but I don't know his name. He was one of the members attending the AGM, so perhaps Geoff or Fred might know his name or anyone else who was there as well.
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

The gentleman who laid the CVA wreath at the town parade in Fort William was a wonderful gentleman called Jack Cox (No 12 and 3 Cdo). You may have read some of his memoirs in recent editions of Dispatches (Editions 16 and 20).

Regards

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

thanks Geoff,

nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Many thanks to all who have contributed to the 100 or so photos of this years service at Fort William and Spean Bridge, and of the Area of Remembrance, now in our gallery. I sent Eric Buckmaster (No.2 Cdo) a link to the photos of this year and last years service to which he replied :

Thank you very much for your Note, and the excellent links for both 2011 & 2010. I was most pleased to learn that the Weather was favourable. It does make such a difference.

I would like to think that Vic Ralph is somewhow aware that his persistance in establishing the Commando Veterans Association has caught on in the way that he envisaged

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/11/2011 01:37:38

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger