commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
'Anyone' from 6 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Additionally in Stan Scott's book he mentions the barracks was a " Marine Barracks". Stan was an Army Commando . Maybe you should ask him as he was there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/10/2011 20:18:23

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
alan8376
Forum Member

Pete,

I suspect the use of the words 'Marine Barracks' in the book, copies exactly what the Germans would have called them.. ( 'Marine Baracke'). Which translated means Navy Barracks.

Neustadt on Holstein, which is directly on the waters edge, and at the time there were few Naval camps used for training. It is well known fact that the Germans from the camps on the beach shot the fleeing refugees trying to swim to the shore following the horror of being bombed on the SS Cap Arcona.

Alan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/10/2011 20:24:16

alan8376
Forum Member

I have sent a PM to Scotty.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Forgive me if I have missed something here but why are you just concentrating on him being possibly with 6 Army Commando when 45RM and 46 RM Commando were both there in the same place at the same time with them as part of 1 Commando Brigade along with 3 Army Commando. Have you already eliminated him from being attached to them?

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
alan8376
Forum Member

Umm!
My search started with 6 Commando. I have been guided to other sources of information via this thread. Scotty has written a book, where he mentions, I have heard of time he possibly spent in Neustadt. I have PM'd Scotty. I await a possible answer. I haven't eliminated him yet!

I welcome any input from any Commando unit or Troop who were in Neustadt or Eutin 2-3 May 1945.

Now that 45 and 46 Commando RM have been mentioned, I will follow those leads up as well.

I presume the many members of this site will have read books covering the actions of Commando Units and possibly War Diaries. I hope someone else will come up with info leading to my initial question which was, 'Did anyone rescue the refugees from the train, or guard them in hospital?'

Alan

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 31/10/2011 23:51:42

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger