commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ww2 army commando insignia  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I was intoduced to this great forum by Andy Maines whose father served in no 1 commando. I came in contact with Andy as he had seen my original no 1 cdo Salamander formation sign, also posted on the CVA site as various others,which in my view is one of the most outstanding commando insignia, the more due to the fact that the colour of the green beret also linked to this patch. I do collect badges of all ww2 army commando units and would like to ask in case anyone has badges willing to dispose of to contact me. Best regards, JB
Belly
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Welcome aboard JB

I too am a keen Commando collector, you have beaten me to my ultimate prize though and have a No 1 Salamander, hopefully one day I'll find one too!

regards
Paul

Army Commando: Setting Europe ablaze since 1940

Collector of Army Commando Insignia & Memorabilia - desperately looking for printed shoulder titles
[WWW]
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Paul, many thanks am great to meet a fellow collector. I agree with you that the Salamander no 1 cdo patch can qualify as the Holy Grail. The other great badges remain the V cdo arm patch and 101 boat troop no 6 cdo but equally difficult to find unless you want a repro Cheers JB
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

my dad had the VCommando arm patch on his balmoral bonnet ..wonder what happened to it? ,,sigh

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger