commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fort William  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
lushershouse
Forum Member

It`s great to see photos of a "strong and loving" family.....we`re like "The Waltons" as well...that`s not an insult.....a well-knitted family makes a strong support system!! BYE xxDenise

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/2007 15:04:20

Stephen Unwin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

lushershouse wrote:You`ll find everyone you need in the Alex.The peeps staying at the Ben come up at some point,you`re never short of company!!

thanks for the info,am gonna google commando dark mile and see what I can get to download,thanks again,see you soon,take care xx Denise

I have it scanned into my PC if you have a Pdf file reader I can zip it up and send it to you.

I've attached the certificate we produced for family members who complete the speed march.
It is not official and I hope that commando veterans will not be offended in any way.
 Filename Commando Speed March Certificate.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  603 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/2007 16:39:22

'To the skirl of pipes and in Green Beret, the men from Achnacarry led the way'
[MSN]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

my brother and I are booked i n the Alex but my son in-law who is driving us up there with is dad are in the Fort Willam Distillery guest house! I think they will be happy there!

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Stephen Unwin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

If anyone wants a copy of the certificate email me your details and time completed in, along with the date and I will quite gladly post one out to you. No cheating! you must do the route in one go, from the station to the gates of Achnacarry House.

I hope I'm not stealing anyones thunder making this offer, also I don't want to cause any offence to the very people whose memory we are all vowed to cherish and maintain. I think its a gesture which can enrich the whole ethos of the CVA, especially for those, for whom a formal award is and always will be, beyond reach.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/10/2007 17:52:33

[MSN]
Alba23
Forum Member

Eh...hope it's ok to post....I'm a newbie to the memorial service. Heard on the grapevine about it, but can't get details!!!
My father served in WW2 but is sadly deceased and I just want to go for him and an ex RM who is now working in Iraq and wants me to remember former comrades of his.

So just looking for general info, times etc????? Anyone help? I had assumed that this was a private servie...so pleased to hear that anyone can attend :-)
And can you bring flowers etc for after the service at all?

And then get somewhere to stay!!!! Though, if the worst comes to the worst..I will drive back and forward to home.....prob 2-3 hrs each way gulp, but determined to be there..no matter what!!!!
Anne
[MSN]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Alba23 wrote:Eh...hope it's ok to post....I'm a newbie to the memorial service. Heard on the grapevine about it, but can't get details!!!
My father served in WW2 but is sadly deceased and I just want to go for him and an ex RM who is now working in Iraq and wants me to remember former comrades of his.

So just looking for general info, times etc????? Anyone help? I had assumed that this was a private servie...so pleased to hear that anyone can attend :-)

And then get somewhere to stay!!!! Though, if the worst comes to the worst..I will drive back and forward to home.....prob 2-3 hrs each way gulp, but determined to be there..no matter what!!!!
Anne

Anne,
Welcome to the CVA forum and yes, of course it is okay for you to post threads.
With regards to any info regarding Fort William etc I have sent you a pm - I have explained why...

I too hope to attend this years gathering and memorial service but, because of circumstances I cannot control, am still not 100% sure whether I'll be able to make it or not - I do hope so as I'd love to meet some of my late father's old brothers-at-arms, but I'd also like to meet a few of the regular contributors on this fantastic forum...
Hope to see you all there (fingers crossed...)

Nick
[Email]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hope you make it Nick . its gonna be awesome

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Stephen Unwin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Alba23 wrote:Eh...hope it's ok to post....I'm a newbie to the memorial service. Heard on the grapevine about it, but can't get details!!!

Anne

Anne, unless you can get a B&B most hotels are now full. I just checked availability at the Premier Inn and they also have no rooms left.

I'm sure that there will be someone who has a room with a spare bed in it alternatively here is a list of local hotels.

http://www.booking.com/city/gb/fort-william.html?aid=303948;label=fort-william-VcL_2o*uhMGVGUG85fwyxwS756753561;ws=&gclid=CPqC-KaTo48CFQzdlAodUTSWVw

I can highly recommend the Onich hotel having stayed there twice in the past. Its about 8 miles away and has rooms available for the weekend @£100 for two nights.

I look forward to seeing you there along with all the veterans and descendants. I think we all may looking for the same thing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/10/2007 19:44:41

[MSN]
lushershouse
Forum Member

hello,i`ve just been on www.booking.com and they have 2 single rooms at the nevis for the 9-12 nov,hope that`s a help,regards Denise xx
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We have just returned from our local Legion's Remembrance service. A really good crowd and service - complete with pipers! We are ready. Fort William, here we come !

See you all soon,

Janet & Bob
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

There are still TWIN rooms available at the Alexandra. Give the Secretary a call before Tuesday 6th. Bob and Janet, really looking forward to meeting you both, have a safe trip over.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/2007 20:37:31

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Stephen Unwin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Name badges made, Dads photos printed off and placed in folder, just counting down the hours.

)

Update:

Due to deteriorating health my Uncle can no longer undertake the journey with us. He is quite upset about this. However we know that his health will improve and he will make it another year. :(

See you all Friday. )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/11/2007 09:02:22

[MSN]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Unable to make it to Fort William after all - I am so very disappointed. I was especially looking forward to meeting Bob and Janet.

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Colin Russell
Forum Member
[Avatar]

My thoughts will be with you all as I attend the rememberance service here at the Cenotaph in St. Helier, Jersey.

We will never forget them

Colin

"Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustantor"
[WWW]
lushershouse
Forum Member

a bit late in posting,but never mind.

Stephen and Chris,I`m so pleased you met Ernie and Co,an amazing group of people,love `em to bits.

I apologise to Dan,I tried to put these in the gallery but as normal my computer knowledge is rubbish.

nothing left but a whisper in the wind and the memories.

What is going through your mind Bob?

And the men marched......

Bob (Bart) you`re up to no good again,you young thug,you`ll be on a charge again !!

Me(Denise) with Phil,my dearest friends,Ernie and Billy,so much love and respect for them both

To Bob and Janet,a pleasure and honour to meet you xx
Rat man,I finally met you xx
Mr Donnison,Stephen and Chris,great to meet you,here`s to the lounge area this year !!

It was just ......oooh,lost for words,great is rubbish.....you`ve got to be there,that`s all I can say.

To the few that have actually questioned our being there,and I don`t mean the friendly chit-chat.Here`s all the reply I need to give to you......Gordon Percy Lain,5 Commando,6 troop.MY GRANDPA.

He may well have passed,but it is essential to not forget what was done for us and what is being done now,I could never thank him as he never told us just what he did,but by doing this pilgrimage,I can.I also get to pay my respect to those men who fought with him and those who have fought for our country in general.

I also get to meet some amazing people,who will remain in my heart until I depart this mortal coil.

love Denise xx

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 30/01/2008 16:58:26

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger