commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
J or S. Hackett , Nš2 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Anthony Stilwell
Forum Member

S.Hackett was the Man that Bren Gunned the German that was about to finish off my Father when he was wounded on the Spilge/Himara operation on the 29th of July 1944 , my Father many times spoke of him , unfortunately none of us were ever introduced to him , S.Hackett was part of Dad's Troop........later in Life i recall Dad telling me that the Man that saved his Life was S.Hackett (a true Cockney as the old Major used to say !!) and worked in London Transport , he was a Bus Driver , does anyone know if this Man is still alive ? and if so where he lives in London.......the last information i had was !! near a Stadium !! , narrows the situation down !!........how many Stadiums in London ?...!!
I would Love to meet him if he is still amongst us , can anyone help ??

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/04/2013 18:12:30

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Anthony

I have tried, but been unsucessful, to find some information regarding the S. Hackett that you mention. I have found information and a photo of a J. Hackett who was in 1 troop of No.2 Commando. His first name was John and he lived after the war in the Chiselhurst area of Kent. Strangely enough in the No.2 Cdo lists on this site there is an "S" but not a "J" Hackett.

The information regarding the J. Hackett was kindly provided to me by Ron Youngman from his records. He says he has no record of a Hackett with the initial "S".

Perhaps Geoff Murray may have some info, or Janet Bishop.

Sorry I can't help any further

Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 19/02/2012 19:38:08

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Anthony Stilwell
Forum Member

Hi Pete ,
Thanks so much for your reply , and yes you are right , i think !! , that it was a J.Hackett.........and not S.Hackett as i have mentioned....i am going to do do a bit more homework !!
Cheers

Anthony

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger