commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Lin Corker
Forum Index » Profile for Lin Corker » Messages posted by Lin Corker
Hi Craig,
Yes I have his service records - pages when he was in RMVR after the war, but a single sheet from 1941-1946. He enlisted at Plymouth, was at Portsmouth and then Dinosaur and Quebec in Scotland until June 1943.
He was then listed at HMS Copra which is just an administrative label until 1945 and back at Portsmouth or Plymouth until he was demobbed.
There is no other information except his number PLY/X104688 marine in C Company.
Lin
Pete
How do I find out if he was in 40 Commando please?
Lin
Some other photos from the album. There are also photos of Lt. McLellan, Sgt Andrews and Sgt. Pearce, as well as others with nicknames such as ? Ginger? .
More Jack Hughes photos
Some more of his photos
Jack Hughes , my dad, had a photo album with photos in Italy, Sicily, Vis and Corsica
Here are some photos.
My dad was John (Jack) Hughes. He enlisted at Plymouth on 16/9/1941. His number was Ply X104688.
I have his service records which show he was at Dinosaur from 26/6/1942 and then Quebec until 31/8/1943 which I know were training facilities in Scotland. He was at Copra from 1/9/1943 until 25/8/45.
I have a photo album of his which shows him in Messina, Bari, Vis, Taranto, Malta and Naples.
I think he may have been in 40 Commando from those places.
What does the X stand for in his service number? His records state he was in C company.
I have attached a photo which shows a cap badge. Can you confirm he was a commando?
I have other photos from his album which I can post.
Dad died in 1980 aged 58.
Thank you for any help.
Lin

Forum Index » Profile for Lin Corker » Messages posted by Lin Corker
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger