commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Scotty
Forum Index » Profile for Scotty » Messages posted by Scotty
Pete,

Thank you for the link to the better quality image.

I am afraid that he was in service prior to marrying my Grandmother and as this was his second marriage all reference to his service was kept by his previous wife.

I have no pictures of him in uniform, all I knew when he was alive was his absolute fear of drowning and that it was apparently linked to his mention in dispatches. Other than that I am afraid he or my Grandmother never spoke of his service.

I understand what you are said in regards to the ship and possible units.

Thanks again Pete
Pete,

It has got to be as the home town is correct.

That is great thank you. I just need to see if I can find his unit now, higher up in the London Gazette it mentions HM Indefatigable. I will try and see if this was his ship and what unit was on it.

Thanks again

Scotty
Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me.

My late grandfather served in the Royal Marines in WW2.

Marine Gerald Nestor, Ply.X 112776

He was mentioned in despatches but I do not know what for or what unit he served with.

I have attached an extract from the London Gazette but this is all I have and I would like to know more about his service.

Can any of you assist, I have been on Ancestry.com but had no luck.

Thanks in advance

Forum Index » Profile for Scotty » Messages posted by Scotty
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger