commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Dolwyddelan
Forum Index » Profile for Dolwyddelan » Messages posted by Dolwyddelan
Hi Kevin, I don't know whether you are still following this topic, but I am the ''historian' Granville mentioned (thank you Granville for the grand title!) I did write a chapter about the flood incident in my book about the soldiers of Dolwyddelan, so if you are still interested I could share what I have found.
Also, I have been metal detecting the site during this year (I am friends with the farm family) but after two of us detecting for around ten afternoons the finds have been very sparse. A few coins (of the correct date) a bullet, a buckle and part of a Gilette razor with Made in America on it. I also found what I thought was a mangled mouthpiece from a bugle on my first search. Very excited. Turned out to be the spout off a camping kettle

Shaun Hewitt, Dolwyddelan

Forum Index » Profile for Dolwyddelan » Messages posted by Dolwyddelan
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger