commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: emcharly
Forum Index » Profile for emcharly » Messages posted by emcharly
Thanks John, I'd be very interested in reading your article.
Kind Regards
Claire
Thank you Stephen. I have emailed Pete. I have only found a few photos but will get them sent to him hopefully in the next month or so. I also have some newspaper cuttings that I will be sending (copies of) (mainly conncected to my grandfather and the Llancastria though).
I was talking to my mother today (although I knew that Tom was commended by a German Officer for his bravery) but she told me of how the Germans were so impressed with this bravery that they gave him a full military funeral. I continue to be astonished at the bravery of these young men.
Hi Pete,
Thank you for your reply. I am certain I will be able to get some more photos and information for you, this may take a little bit of time, as most of these would be with my mother. It is a shame that my father passed away, as he was very knowledgeable about both their stories, infact my father was in the Royal Engineers during his National Service. I will also pass the details of this forum to my brother.
Kind Regards
Claire
John (known as Jack) Durrant was my grandad and Tom was his brother. I am very proud of them both, my children have been told of their bravery and are are also very proud of them As a relative, I have just been invited to 'Valour' the Victoria Cross Exhibition Launch. The exhibition contains images from all of the campaigns in which the VCs were won, ranging from the Crimean War to the Second World War VCs held by the Museum and so is of particular significance to the exhibition. The exhibition is permanent and is open to the public any time after the 11th November.

Forum Index » Profile for emcharly » Messages posted by emcharly
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger