commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: lushershouse
Forum Index » Profile for lushershouse » Messages posted by lushershouse
That link was awesome, i have never heard of the man or the song, but what a brilliant song and video...................a proper eye opener. Thank you so much for posting it up.

Love and hugs
Denise xxx
Nick and I cleared Nan`s loft yesterday and found some photos, Dad told me to put them on.

Nan thinks it is somewhere in Wales, Grandpa is 3rd row down from the top, starting from the lefthand side, 8th person in.

There are signatures on the back, which I don`t think will show up very well when they`re scanned, after some of the signatures are initials, some of these gents were S.S, Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry and the Queens own Cameron Highlanders, it`s very hard to read after being shut away for 64 years.

take care
Denise and Nick xx
Hello Paul

Try PM ing Dave Tudor, he is great friends with a gent from No 4.....it`s worth a try.

Take Care
Denise
we are heartbroken by this sad news, our deepest heartfelt sympathy goes to Janet and family.

We had a good chuckle this weekend, as the more we chatted the more his good ole norfolk accent shone through......aahhh bore !! ( Bob will know what i`m on about !! )

Bob was a true gent, we`re proud to have met both himself and Janet, and are grateful for the time that we had together chatting, unfortunately the world will be a sadder place without him.

So farewell Bob, no doubt you`re having one heck of a reunion right now !!

Love and hugs to you Janet xxx

All our love
Denise, Nick, Rubes and Ethan xxxx

Dearest Bob and Janet.

So glad you have made it there safely.....would you just have a mosey up to the top of Nevis and grab me some snow !!

Will see you both soon, actually we look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Take care
Denise and Nick :D xx
How about requesting the information under the "freedom of information act" ??

http://www.freedomofinformation.co.uk/content/view/30/36/

http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/freedom_of_information/the_basics.aspx

just a thought !!!

I`ve probably got it wrong as usual LOL

Denise xx )
heartbroken....but what an honour to meet this man and Vera. Bob told me stories that will make me grin till it is my turn to leave this mortal coil !!

RIP my friend xx

Thank you for always having the time for a chat and a laugh, I`m gonna miss you.

loads of love and hugs go to Vera xx

Denise, Nick,Ruby-Mae and Ethan xx

(thanks for putting my photo up Geoff, I would have struggled !! )
would you rather prizes that you can post again ??

Take care, see you at FW,loads of love Denise and Nick :wink:
bulk mailed mate xx
) Hello Stephen and Chris,hope you`re both fine and I`m so glad you got to meet with Ernie, he`s a diamond. bestest regards !!! Denise & Nick xx
Yo Stephen,you did it,everything I wanted to say but could`nt express,God bless you,mate !! xx

love to you and Chris,take care,Denise xxxx

THANK YOU XX
Dear Bob,Nick and Dad.......everybody has made us so welcome,yes,there is a "commando family" of which I/we belong.And I am honoured to belong to it,I simply felt compelled to write what had happened,so that the bully-boy gets the message,that we do belong there.

I respect the wishes on the fighting knife,I just want to be there to pay my respects to the amazing man that Gordie was and to the men that fought with him.

I have made some dear friends,so while I can still meet up and spend my weekend with them,I will.

If we can sort everything out for this year,Nick and I will be there xx

thank you for caring,we don`t batter down too easy !!
love Denise xx

a bit late in posting,but never mind.

Stephen and Chris,I`m so pleased you met Ernie and Co,an amazing group of people,love `em to bits.

I apologise to Dan,I tried to put these in the gallery but as normal my computer knowledge is rubbish.

nothing left but a whisper in the wind and the memories.

What is going through your mind Bob?

And the men marched......

Bob (Bart) you`re up to no good again,you young thug,you`ll be on a charge again !!

Me(Denise) with Phil,my dearest friends,Ernie and Billy,so much love and respect for them both

To Bob and Janet,a pleasure and honour to meet you xx
Rat man,I finally met you xx
Mr Donnison,Stephen and Chris,great to meet you,here`s to the lounge area this year !!

It was just ......oooh,lost for words,great is rubbish.....you`ve got to be there,that`s all I can say.

To the few that have actually questioned our being there,and I don`t mean the friendly chit-chat.Here`s all the reply I need to give to you......Gordon Percy Lain,5 Commando,6 troop.MY GRANDPA.

He may well have passed,but it is essential to not forget what was done for us and what is being done now,I could never thank him as he never told us just what he did,but by doing this pilgrimage,I can.I also get to pay my respect to those men who fought with him and those who have fought for our country in general.

I also get to meet some amazing people,who will remain in my heart until I depart this mortal coil.

love Denise xx

Hello Bob and Janet xx

These people deserve(wrong word I know) our gratitude,and that`s why my friends and I have sent off our boxes cos we want these people to know that we do care.

So come on folks,even if the Christmas spirit has`nt quite found its way to you,think hard on what it is these men and woman are doing for you and your loved ones,you may not be drinking that tipple and eating your roast if it was`nt for these amazing men and women.

It has`nt got to be expensive,a packet of biscuits and a warm letter,that`s all,and the postage is free !!

Put yourself in their boots,and I know there`s people out there who have been in their boots and know exactly what it is they`re going through,would`nt it make a change to give something in return to them.

Merry Christmas all,
love from Denise,Nick,Ruby-Mae and Ethan xxx
save your sarcasm and start shoe-boxing...I`m on a mission....

Forum Index » Profile for lushershouse » Messages posted by lushershouse
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger