commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Tim Spearman
Forum Index » Profile for Tim Spearman » Messages posted by Tim Spearman
I have recently received my father - Reg Spearman's service record including his term with 2 Commando. Bob Bishop has kindly helped to fill in some of the blanks but this record make continual reference to him being posted to and from an "x list'' pretty much from the time he disembarked in Iraq in 1942. In the early days he moves in and out of Artillery batteries and x(ii) - with a few references to TOS x(ii) and SOS x(ii). At this time he was with the MEF and then the BNAF.

Even when it clearly states that he was posted to 2 Commando in 1944 (CMF) it reads TOS x(i) and his unit is still listed as x(i). If somebody could explain this to me I would be very appreciative.

Many thanks, Tim Spearman
I was hoping to find out more about the service Record of my father Reg Spearman - Unfortunately he passed away a little while ago and as is often the case I am left with only limited information about his service with no2 commando. I do know he served in Italy, Yugoslavia and North Africa and he used to hold Commando reunions at a Pub he ran in Bexhill up untill the ealry 1980's. Any information would be greatfully received.

Forum Index » Profile for Tim Spearman » Messages posted by Tim Spearman
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger