commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: manufan
Forum Index » Profile for manufan » Messages posted by manufan
Oh I'm sorry that is the best I can do I think. Tried to make it a bit bigger but dont think its worked
Hi Pete thanks for your reply. My name is Karen btw.

I found this article on the British Newspapers Archive website. The article was in the Dumfries & Galloway Standard & Advertiser, dated October 25th 1941. I took a photo off the screen to send to a relative but also downloaded the full page as a PDF, which I have now attached. Hope this may be a bit better.
So after some research and thinking Alexander may have sadly lost his life during training, I have discovered the cause of his death. I have a photo of him and a photo of a local newspaper article explaining the details of his death.
Thank you both for sharing this information with me and for taking the time to reply. It is very much appreciated
Have only recently discovered this relative whilst researching my family tree on ancestry. I have spent weeks researching No 9 commandos and the training they underwent. Had no idea these units even existed previously. Alexander is listed as being accidentally killed whilst training on the 20th October 1941 aged only 21. Can anyone give me a possible insight as to the nature of his death ? Was there a particular field of training with relatively high numbers of accidents/deaths. Also, he was taken to Dumfries Royal Infirmary, where he sadly passed away, was that a military hospital at the time as I am thinking surely there would have been a closer one.

Forum Index » Profile for manufan » Messages posted by manufan
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger