commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Tathamwarter
Forum Index » Profile for Tathamwarter » Messages posted by Tathamwarter
Thanks so much, it does look like he wasn?t from Shropshire after all, and therefore the likelihood of us being related seems unlikely sadly.

I feel I have grown quite a connection with Sergeant Preece since discovering his story and he has become an inspiration to me. I only hope that he had friends and family who recognised his heroic actions during the war, although I well know these old boys don?t like to talk about what they did, nor except praise for it, it was a job and they just got on with it.
And that?s probably one reason why we won the war.

Thanks again

Looking for information on Sgt. Frederick Amos Preece 6 Cdo special boat section. DCM.

I share the same surname and am looking into weather he may have been a relation as the surname is fairly uncommon and particular to my area.

Archives suggests he may have been with the KSLI (my local regiment) and also the Royal armoured corps.

Any particular info on birth place/ place of death etc will be gratefully received.

Also as a side note, I?m into re-enactment and have put together a uniform of the kind worn by the above gentleman, so any further information regarding his service would be great.

Thanks

Hi
I?m currently putting together a No. 6 commando uniform for re-enactment and I?m looking for advice on the correct placement of the insignia.
I have the No. 6 Commando shoulder titles and combined operations patches and I know the rough placement for them, but it?s the measurement between them and the rank stripe I need before I can sew them on.

Hope you can understand what I?m getting at as accuracy is important to me.

Thanks

Fantastic information, that?s exactly what I wanted
Thanks
I guess that means I could wear my local regiment badge Kings Shropshire LI

Hi

I?m currently putting together a commando uniform set for re-enactments and I?m looking for info on cap badges worn around the time of d day by what I believe were called No.6 Cdo then renamed 1st ss brigade.

Also, would cap badges be worn actually on d day it?s self?

Any info or photos would be great
Thanks

Forum Index » Profile for Tathamwarter » Messages posted by Tathamwarter
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger