commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: John M
Forum Index » Profile for John M » Messages posted by John M

Bob
Was a wonderful humorous kind and gentle soul a character that belied his fabulous service record that I was honored to have been shown at FW this
weekend.

God bless you Bob .........farewell old friend.

Janet our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.

with much love
John & Bernie Mewett
Hi Nic

Thanks for reading....it was such a pleasure knowing John the account hardly does the man justice.

But at least now it's here for everyone to share.

Best regards
John M
Hi Everyone

The memories of my great friend John Huntington are now on site.

John Served in No 12 & No 1 Cdo from 1940-45..we embarked on a project together of getting his memories down on paper. Sadly John passed away this June and the task was not finished. I have typed up what we did complete and with the consent of his family I am now pleased to post them for your enjoyment.

We will remember them.

Best regards
JohnM
Hello Andy

The photo top left is of 4 Troop No 1 Commando. My fathers troop.

I can name several members in this photo but it is not very clear.....if you can send me a hard copy I could annotate and return to you.

Best regards
john M
Hi Everyone

Attached is the photo of Mne.Ronald John Jacobs PO/118350-651 Flotilla.......this image semed to get lost.

Apologies to the author of this thread.
Regards
John M
From Bill Harvey

Private J Park of R.A.O.C. 3709917 was listed as taking part in the Dieppe raid.

Bill Harvey son of Gunner W Harvey No4
Hi Ron

Nice to shake your hand again at Alrewas on Sunday.
Yes you are right.........the family and friends are a fantastic bunch.....and long may they continue.

The LADIES are FORMIDABLE 8) .......behind every great man etc.

All the best to you and yours Ron.

Best regards
John M
Hi Everyone

Dorothy Bailey (nee Park) is seeking anyone who knew her father:

John Park 4 Commando
KIA 25.12.43
Gravelines France

Anybody who remembers John Park or who can help in anyway please answer this post and I will pass on.

Thanks to all

Best regards
John M
Hello Andy
I have sent you a PM in response to this post.

Regards
JohnM
Sgt Robert 'Barry' Parkes RA

I am trying to research my late grandfather's service and was wondering whether any of your members might have come across the RSR(plus their members) or if any of them have any knowledge of 2 Cdo Brig' Training Wing.

I have been trying to research his service for years or so and would be grateful for any help you can give.

With kind regards,

Simon Dawkins.

Posted for Simon by John M
ThankYou Steph

Mick is delighted......

This just what this site was created for...........great!!

Regards
John M
Hi Steph

Thats great.!! Could you send the address to me John M via a private message and I will pass it on to Mick Hallam. He will be delighted.

Regards
John M
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help Mick Hallam locate Fred Usher MM ?

Micks email

'This is probably out of order , but I found a picture of an old friend on your site at the link below. Fred Usher MM

Would it be possible to find out if he's still around etc?
It could mean a lot to both of us.'

Mick Hallam

Posted for Mick by John M
Thanks Geoff

The ROH's are really important and it's nice to know the criteria for an inclusion.

The riddle remains but purely an academic one of why Pte Miller was in Burma when his unit were in the Libya area.

I suppose secondment is a possible answer. But in true military tradition I don't think we will ever know for sure :D

Regards
johnM
Hello Harry

Certainly No 8 Cdo personell did form into the SAS but as I understand it they were operating around Libya and Crete at the time of Pte Millers death.

A riddle to be sure?

Can anyone help here?

Regards
John M

Forum Index » Profile for John M » Messages posted by John M
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger