commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: History42
Forum Index » Profile for History42 » Messages posted by History42

Thanks mate appreciated

I just emailed you the records and some limited information I have.

Regards

Aaron
Hi

Thanks for your help it is appreciated , His records that I have had for a few years and they are photo copies of his full records ( Hand written ) His asstestation paper work and some other paper work ( All hand written).

I know he was a cadet from 16 & joined up at 18 , He entered into the KRRC on 16/07/1942 & discharged under (Para 3 KR 1940 ) due to a 40% foot injury on 12/03/1945 ( This apparently played up for the remainder of his life ( My father was only 19 when he passed away so details have always been limited ) .

The only story he told my father was that he went to france once during the war and then just ended the conversation & that he was as you said Army Commando on the units payroll .

Im not to sure with the photo I know he was about 20 in the photo ( I do know from the limited stores my grandmother used to say that he had some thing about always wearing a tie ) And literally in any other photo I have of him he has one on )

Cheers
Hi

I am trying to track down as much information as I can on my Grandfather ( He passed away in 1968 & no one in the family knows much about his war time, Which he kept mostly quite)

I have his Army records which don't have a lot of information ( Non relating to his Commando Period) All I have is a photo of him in his Commando uniform ( Patch docent have what unit he was in ) He was injured around the the time of Dday and then discharged .

Details I have is Norman Christopher Read- Army Number 14219472 ( KRRC ) .

Any hints on how to track more information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Forum Index » Profile for History42 » Messages posted by History42
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger