commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Lorna-Ann
Forum Index » Profile for Lorna-Ann » Messages posted by Lorna-Ann
My Father, Corpl Ronald Edwin Sargeant joined the Royal Marines as a Boy Bugler at 14. He served on the Shropshire and the Anson in 27th Battalion. I'm ploughing my way through his service record and now discover he joined the 45 Commandos in June 1949. He is listed as being in Hong Kong and Malaya in 49 - October 51 There is no mention of the 45 Commandos after this. Does anyone know what they were doing in Malaya and was it usual for Commandos to leave after a couple of years?
Have only just received my Dad's war record which is proving challenging to read. He joined the Royal Marines as a boy bugler at 14. in 1944 when he reached 18 he joined the commandos in th 27th Battalion. This Battalion seems to have very little information. He stayed in the commandos until he left in 1955. His name was Ronald Edwin Sargeant. Does anyone know what happened to the 27th Btn?

Forum Index » Profile for Lorna-Ann » Messages posted by Lorna-Ann
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger