commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Camel1815
Forum Index » Profile for Camel1815 » Messages posted by Camel1815
Absolutely brilliant. Thank you. Unfortunately Pat does not have a computer so If it is alright could I print a few of these pictures off to show her?
That?s brilliant, thanks. Little bits I can fill in:- He must have been one of the 72 who got their green beret as he was in Eastbourne. That is where he met his wife on a blind date under the clock tower. He didn?t speak any English when he arrived in Achnacarry. He and his wife Kath, who was in the ATS, moved back to Katy?s home area of just outside Boston in Lincolnshire. They had one daughter called Patricia. It is Pat who I?m in contact with.
Btw would his Army Number have been his British one? Also his wedding report in the local newspaper states he was in the Airborne Forces. Incorrect journalism or a possibility?
Thank you.
Many thanks. I have spoken to Hans? daughter and she has stated that her father said he was in No10 Commando. I realise that is not enough evidence so I believe she is going to try and obtain his service records. Would his service records be here in Britain, rather than the Netherlands?
Hi, new to the forum. I?m looking for confirmation/information on a possible member of no2 Dutch troop by the name of Hans Smolenaars. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Index » Profile for Camel1815 » Messages posted by Camel1815
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger