commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JSelman
Forum Index » Profile for JSelman » Messages posted by JSelman
Remembering my Dad, Sgt Frank Selman, and his comrades,
who took part in these operations 76 years ago tonight.
My fathers name is Frank Selman, he ended the war as a Sgt. He was a TA soldier and called up in 1939. He went and trained in Scotland with Lord Lovat. He says he was due to go on a raid in Norway but it was cancelled. Apart from the French coastal raid, i only know he was involved in training as a weapons instructor and spent a lot of time in the South of England at various infantry schools and D Day training at Studland. I hope to be able to talk some more with him soon, he has only just started talking about his time in the war, so much so that my mum thought she had been stood up on their first date, she has just found out it was hard for dad to make it as he was on a beach in France!!..hence the questions to you all..Many thanks
My father took part in a raid on the French coast in, he believes December 1941. He says they left from Southampton and the raid it self did not go well and had to withdraw, not helped he says by the fact they were 'blacked up' and landed in a snow storm! His Bren gunner was mentioned in dispatches for the action.
Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

Forum Index » Profile for JSelman » Messages posted by JSelman
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger