commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: andrewbroad
Forum Index » Profile for andrewbroad » Messages posted by andrewbroad
Thank you Jeff. I'll have a look through all of the clips over the weekend . Fascinated to hear as much as possible.

Kind Regards
Andrew
Pete,
I've been through pictures a few times and ones highlighted by Jeff too. Jeff informed that because of dates ( J H Broad wasn't in photo of sgt majors at Elbe Crossing ) . I have in records from early March 45 he was at HMS Westcliff . Jeff did say he could have been H troop. I shall endeavour to find out as much as i can about his journey.
Regards
Andrew
Pete. Thank you for your reply. I thought it a long shot but thought it worth a shot. I have heard that there is a photo of him in Newspaper going to or returning to Normandy from My great aunt. Ill have to write to her to try and get a rough date in order to search Newspaper archives. I have been in contact with Jeff Hewitt ,who has been a great source of knowledge and highly approachable. Just finished reading Waist high Cornfield last week. So a big thank you to Jeff for that and Keith Taylor for writing and researching. Fantastic book . Can't wait for the next one. I'll post clearer picture of ggf J H Broad when i can obtain one. Thank you Pete for help and kidness too. Regards ,Andrew
Afternoon all, Is there a way to find out about past reunions , dates, places etc attendees possibly ? .I'm looking before 1982/3 when Ggf died in order to find any newspaper articles or relevant newsletters, film footage etc .

Thank you all in advance

Andrew
Hi Pete,
Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the photos. I've found the original site on which I stumbled across it . However that site is no longer loading. I will persevere and try and find a way to send picture when I am able .
Kind Regards
Andrew
James Henry Broad B; 8th October 1907 Plymouth, Devon , England . D 1982 Latheron, Caithness, Scotland.
Attached (I hope!) is a photograph of him. Bottom right , front row.
Hello Pete,
Thank you for your reply. It has been very helpful in piecing together more of his career . I will upload photographs later today. I have been through the gallery for 46 RM . I think I have spotted somebody in the gallery who could be James Broad I gave his Royal Marine service record from 1925 to 1951. Hopefully I can , with guidance if I become stuck , find further references, mentions and or pictures on this site or lead me in the direction of to get as detailed as possible timeline of events to 1951 and beyond.
Hi , I am looking for any information on my GGF James Henry Broad. (22644) he was a Sergeant Major with 46 RM Commando. Any information, stories , pictures would be gratefully received. I have a photo of him but not sure if it was with he was with 46Rm commando. He was in the Military Police in the 1950s in Portland and Malta. I am having difficulties finding this information though. Thanks in advance.

Forum Index » Profile for andrewbroad » Messages posted by andrewbroad
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger