commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jocck
Forum Index » Profile for Jocck » Messages posted by Jocck
Alan above also mentioned the photo . I'm 90 % sure its him , but the corporal stripes puzzle me , as never thought he had any . Also in his POW debrief report his rank was GSDM Robertson . Thanks for your help . Jock
Thanks for your help and I've replied to your pm.
Jocck
Any info on operations with 8 commando my father may have been in during his service
His name is john paterson Robertson 2811911 .He discovered his name in a book The Phantom Major by virginia cowles about history of the SAS which he joined after 8 commando was disbanded .He was involved in operation squatter the Timimi Gazala raids of the SAS . I believe he was in the party commanded by Lt McGonigal which the author reckons they were all killed which was not true . My father and some others were later captured by the italians I know one of the troop was very badly injured by getting dragged by his chute and he was left .They were dropped in a gale with torrential rain and supplies and men were scatered . He was in a POW camp when with 2 others he escaped into switzerland.

Forum Index » Profile for Jocck » Messages posted by Jocck
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger