commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: bethemy
Forum Index » Profile for bethemy » Messages posted by bethemy
Hi

here are more photos I found from my dads unit. There is no date or identifying notes on the reverse side.

Again my dad was James Roland Greaves No. 4 Commando.

Regards
Andrea
They managed to get a copy of The Fighting Fourth and this picture was near the back of the book.
A relative in England found this picture. We will be in Vlissingen this spring for May 5, driving up to Kamperland to visit his grave.

Someone on the site may recognize others in this picture so wanted to share.

Regards,
Andrea
Daughter of No. 4 Commando James Roland Greaves
Hi folks

I know my dad was involved in undercover operations. He never spoke of the war so please forgive my lack of knowledge. My mum and my uncle filled me in a bit and by the sounds of it the Recce Corp sounds accurate. My dad faithfully received and read the commando newsletters and my mum had the commando badge sewn to a dress jacket he wore. It was always there with him he just didn?t or couldn?t talk about it. The history I have gleaned from your input and this page touches my heart truly.
Regards
Andrea

Thankyou Guy. I have already learned so much in such a short time on this site🤗
Hi Nick

My dads commando book states the number 2368 then in brackets (921) James R Greaves is a lifelong member of the Old Commando Association and Special Service Brigafe.

Regards
Andrea
Hi Bill

They were all so young. So proud to know he was in the company of such great men!

Regards
Andrea
James Roland Greaves No 3 and No 4 Commando
Born Bentley, Doncaster
January 1925 - January 2005
No 4 Commandos. My dad, James Roland Greaves, is at the very top. Do not know the other men or location although I suspect Holland.
My dads unit, No 4 Commandos, I believe this is after the war in Palestine.

Forum Index » Profile for bethemy » Messages posted by bethemy
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger