commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Rob Owen
Forum Index » Profile for Rob Owen » Messages posted by Rob Owen
Hello Nick,

Thank you for your very quick reply, and the information provided.

Regards

Rob
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply and the advice it contains.

As I mentioned in the original enquiry, my step-mother misplaced my father's own papers and photos (some years ago) and it's unlikely that they will resurface, unfortunately.

I'll follow the route of applying for his Service Record. Should I receive information which might assist you with this site, I'll send details to you.

Thank you once again.

Rob

(Sgt?) Bill Owen (also known as Kinsey Owen) was my father, born 7/9/1925 in Amlwch, Anglesey. He was always reluctant to speak of any action that he saw in WWII, but spoke freely about the training he enjoyed at Achnacarry. He was in Malta at some point during the war. He drove a Bren Gun carrier at some point, and remained in Hong Kong until 1947 leading me to believe that he was with 1/5 Commando.

He passed away in April 1995.

My stepmother misplaced photos and other memorabilia that he'd retained from his Service days, and I'd be most grateful to anyone who could offer any more information about him.

Thank you.

Rob.

Forum Index » Profile for Rob Owen » Messages posted by Rob Owen
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger