commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Johntr
Forum Index » Profile for Johntr » Messages posted by Johntr
Hi Nck,

E mailed you.

Cheers

John
Hi Nick,

Thank you for that.
Do you know if it was actually in Falmouth, or a ward in a hospital elsewhere? Dad was mostly stationed in Scotland, Troon. So it's a long way to go for a cold.
I understand the Commandos had training in Falmouth and did disembark on Operations from there.
The records I have from MOD are very sparse with little or no detail of his time with No 4 Commando. He was originally Royal Artillery, his records seem to go from returned from Dunkirk, joined No 4.Commando, virtually no details from June 1941 to June 1944, when he was wounded on D Day then discharged on medical grounds.
It's like he disappeared for 3 years except for details of being fed and watered by Navy on a few occasions, in receipt of additional 6/8p pay then not. This attachment to CRS Falmouth and losing pay for misdemeanours.
Cheers
John
I am trying to find out what CRS Falmouth was? What training took place there? Etc
I have been reviewing my father's records and he was there for a short period in May 1943. E Troop No 4 Commando.

Forum Index » Profile for Johntr » Messages posted by Johntr
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger