commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bendall34
Forum Index » Profile for Bendall34 » Messages posted by Bendall34
A few more pics I have. Apologise for the quality.
Thanks for the reply?s. Highly unlikely he joined the association, from what I?ve gleaned from my Grandma what he did/saw in Malaya really affected him so much so that my Grandma brought him out of the Marines. Also caused him to start smoking as he received free cigarettes whilst in service and he?s used this as a release, which unfortunately led him to pass away early. I never know he was a bootneck until many years after his death. All I have are pictures, I?d love to find ex pals of his to help me fill in the blanks. I know he gained his Jump wings as well, based down at Stonehouse as well.

Many thanks Ben
Him with his Bren
Clutching at straws here......but did any one serve with my Grandfather Douglas Peckham? He never really spoke about his time in the Marines the only info I have for him (and this may not be accurate) he was involved in the Suez Crisis I think with 3 commando brigade possibly also on HMS Reggio, also served in Malaya during the communist uprising. He served between 47-mid to late 50?s. Any info hugely appreciated 👍🏻

Forum Index » Profile for Bendall34 » Messages posted by Bendall34
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger