commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dennis cook
Forum Index » Profile for dennis cook » Messages posted by dennis cook
Hello Nick
Thanks for your reply. Not sure if my dad was in another regiment before the commandos, I thought he joined the commandos as a civilian. I will check with my older brothers and sisters His Commando Service Certificate reads 14529920 L/Sgt Cook R R.A/L.A.A. From 10-7-1943 Served in No. 6 Commando from the above date until disbanded 15-11-1945.
I have some photos and will get them uploaded when I have time. There is one photo already in the archives the group photo of No 6 in in 1945. the other photos I do not have names of his comrades but some sons and daughters might recognise their dads in the photographs.
Regards
Dennis
My aunt gave me a photograph of my dad, Bob Cook, No6 commando and another commando. On the back it was Bassano Italy 1946. My dad served with No6 from 1943 until disbanded. from the Normandy landings, Pegasus Bridge through to Germany. I know nothing of why No6 was in Italy in 1946. I recall as a kid he said he was on peace keeping duties in Italy ,Any information?
Regards
Dennis Cook

Forum Index » Profile for dennis cook » Messages posted by dennis cook
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger