commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Douglas29
Forum Index » Profile for Douglas29 » Messages posted by Douglas29
The attached photograph is showing a unit of MNDBO II?s Air Defence Brigade, taken in Syracuse, Sicily prior to leaving for Scotland where members of the unit were drafted into the newly created 48 Commando.
Marine Rudolph Douglas Edwards, back row, 4th from left, went on to join 48 Commando, and eventually served 26 year retiring in 1968 as Captain RM.
Searching through the family album, I came across this photograph detailing all the RMs under my father?s command Captain Rudolph Douglas Edwards, on HMS Tiger, 1962.
The whole detachment of HMS Tiger were disembarked for service in Borneo
Photograph taken post commissioning from the ranks as a full Lieutenant,December 1951
I have sent two emails to the address in the Action button below, one included a scan copy of the photograph as requested, the other further details of my Father.

Kind regards

Douglas
Marine Rudolph Edwards, 8th from left centre row, my father, served from May 1943 through to August 1968, was commissioned from the ranks and retired a Captain RM. Saw action in WWII, Malaya, Cyprus, Suez (MiD) and Borneo.

Forum Index » Profile for Douglas29 » Messages posted by Douglas29
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger