commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: salix
Forum Index » Profile for salix » Messages posted by salix
Oh No :(

Just when i thought i might be onto something................

never mind,

Keep searching :)

Mark
Thats fantastic NIC.............

His middle name was Edward !

I asked my mum this morning, an she says he was known as george by everyone, but this would have been at a time before he met my nan, so it's a possible. Mum's gonna try and find his birth cert.............

Now i'me excited !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers guys,

Mark
Hello everybody,
My grandad was my hero, no other will ever come close, but i know so little about his army life. He was active during the second world war, and i believe he was in the commandoes. My nan told me some stories, but grandad would never talk about it.
My nan passed away a few years ago, and details that were sketchy are now even worse. My nan said he was a sargeant or sargeant major in either 2 or 4 commando, although again i'me not sure. They were based in Wales, were they used to train around the mountains. He used to go on bombing raids to france, blowing up bridges and other strategic things. He was also active at Dunkirk, were he spent 23 hours in the sea, shot and awaiting rescue.

His name was George Sheard, he was originally from Barnsley, Yorkshire.

And thats it...............

any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Mark

Forum Index » Profile for salix » Messages posted by salix
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger