commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Broonale
Forum Index » Profile for Broonale » Messages posted by Broonale
Nick, valuable information. You'd be right about the distance, but i will submit an application tomorrow for all the info. Like i said, i will give you any info i find that might be of use. Thanks again.
Thank you very much Nick. I never met grandad, but i hope i have done him proud by doing this. Seems now i am going to be able to give whats left of his family something of his life which he never told them about. Again, thank you.
Thank you very much for this. i'll also write off and get his military records. absolute great help. when i get the records i will post what i can for this sights info.
sorry mate, i reduced the photo size
Hello mate, thanks for the reply to my questions. My grandad's details are as follows:

Philip Watson
Army No: 4464178 DLI
Private

His photo is attached. Apparently he joined No6 Commando 1940-41 and remained until the end of the war. That's all the info i have I'm afraid. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Some of my dads family are still alive and none knew what grandad actually did. His medals medals have disappeared so i don't even know what he had. Again, thank you very much in adavnce.

regards

Paul

I am researching my grandad whom my father told me was in No6 commando upto 1945/6. I cannot confirm his parent regiment as i was told he was in the DLI. He is in a portrate photo wearing a Taby O'Shanta with loth badge VI. the headwear alone tels me he wasnt DLI. Anyway, I was given my grandads fighting knife which still doesnt confirm his commando connection. the only other photo i have is of himself and his brother. His shoulder flashing isnt clear and neither is his arm badge, although the shoulder does look like the letters No, and that is it. I cannot find grandad on any nominal rolls, but his portrate photo was taken in 1941. This cap badge doesnt turn up anywhere else. I also have the army number but again, this doesnt show up. So I'm hoping someone who has been doing research may shed a bit more light as to wether the cap badge may be enough to confirm No6 Commando.

Forum Index » Profile for Broonale » Messages posted by Broonale
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger