commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Niwdeweb
Forum Index » Profile for Niwdeweb » Messages posted by Niwdeweb
Gentlemen, I never intended to restart the hostilities, I am grateful to all for their efforts

My search for the brass plaque goes on.
Attached is an image of the war memorial within Moorstead Parish Church.
It reads ;-
"REMEMBER BEFORE GOD THOSE FROM
THIS PARISH WHO LOST THEIR LIVES
IN THE WORLD WAR
1939 - 1945
Thomas Jeffrey Earle R.N.V.R,
Aubrey Louis Edwards R.A.
Arthur Andrew Metcalf R.A.
John Victor Phillips R.N.
Albert Charles Skeates R.E."

I note that in many records his name has been misspelt as Skeats, mainly after his enrollment in Troop 6 No.5 Commando, as in the record at Westminster Abbey.
If any one can index the additional names above in order that their relatives can find them I would appreciate it.
I am the Grandson of Lance Corporal Albert Charles SKEATES.
May I thank you all for your excellent site and all your efforts in gaining recognition for my grandfather, the images and history.
I realise that some of you have supplied data to my great uncle Ben, who unfortunately passed over a few years ago, I have NOT been made privvy to that information as he passed away in Queensland, Australia.
I am informed, that in addition to the town's war memorial, a small bronze plaque was placed in the Dover area, thanking him and two other soldiers for their lives in defending Dover, or a village around it.
We have no knowledge if where this was placed, by whom, and if it still exists, or if anyone has an image of it.
My Father, Albert Charles son, is 80 later this year, we would love to visit this with my son, lance corporal grandson later this year, so that 3 generations on from him can pay our respects. Time may be against us.
Any one who can help, or has any information, could you please contact me on the email address supplied or by phone/message on 07879497666.
Thank you on behalf of Albert Edward, EDWIN Charles, and William Edward, SKEATES.

Forum Index » Profile for Niwdeweb » Messages posted by Niwdeweb
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger