commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: manchtg
Forum Index » Profile for manchtg » Messages posted by manchtg
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your quick response. Your information has helped a great deal in trying to understand my dad's records. As I have only just received them, it is going to take me some time to absorb and understand them especially because of all of the abreviations. After that, the next step will be his medals. So still a long way to go!

Thanks again.

Christine
I have a similar problem. I have obtained my father's records but there is no mention of commando activity. He was with the RAOC, and according to his records he was with them throughout, although there does seem to be a gap in the information. Did volounteers retain their original regiment? From the records I know he was posted to Suez and was injured in North Africa and his sign off was in Austria in 1946, but there is a gap of unknown detail. I know he was in Italy and said he was with the partisans for a time, returning home speaking fairly good Italian. If only he had given us more information when he was alive.

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your response to my enquiry. There appears to be little information about the involvement with the Partisans. My father too was very retiscent about his exploits in the war. Like so many of the commandos, they were very modest about their time in the war, and sadly when they are gone there are so many questions unanswered. I, like you, am waiting for my father's service records, but in the meantime would be grateful for any further information. I know that dad was in North Africa, and he mentioned Sidi Barrani, and then in Italy at Bari and Molfetta. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,
Christine
Thank you Pete. I will read this with interest. Any information is useful.

Regards,
Christine
Thank you for the information although my dad never mentioned sas, I will research the operation concerned. Any other information regarding the partisans would be appreciated

Christine
Has anyone any information about commando units living and fighting with the Italian Partisans durin WW2 please. My Father said he was with them for some time in the mountains, and when he came home he could speak pretty good Italian.

Thank you.

Christine manchester (nee CLIFTON)
I am searching for any information about my father who served with a commando unit in WW2. Unfortunately I do not know his unit or service number. I know that he trained in Scotland, went to Norway and served in North Africa, Sicily and Bari Italy. I believe he spent some time with the partisans in Italy, and possibly ended up in Austria. Any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Christine Manchester

Forum Index » Profile for manchtg » Messages posted by manchtg
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger