commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Colin Russell
Forum Index » Profile for Colin Russell » Messages posted by Colin Russell

Guy,

Many thanks for discovering my Dad at Berneval, first I have learnt of this.

What a relief!.....knew he was there somewhere

Sent a PM to you.

All the best,

Colin
Hello,

Seems a long time since last posted.

I did make a submission for this certificate but the reply I received was that there are no official records of my late father being at Dieppe.

My father was with 101 Troop and was taken prisoner at Dieppe. May have been loaned out to another unit?

Part of my frustration is I can't find out what he was doing there and who with.....but I know it wasn't a social visit.

Anyway, It appears that being captured at Dieppe is not regarded as official enough.

Regards,

Colin
Hello Gary,

Thank you for your post and the info about your late grandfather.

My late father, then Lieut. Douglas Russell MC, served with 101Troop up until his capture at Dieppe 19 August 1942.

I have been compiling a list of members of 101 Troop and posting them here to try and discover what happened to them all and to see if anyone else has researched 101 Troop and its members and would be willing to pass on info of their missions.

Official information is very difficult to get hold of.

Regards,

Colin

Hi,

I have images on Photo Bucket that I have uploaded before to the Gallery, I am now having problems adding images to an album by using Photo Buckets code for adding to forums or web sites.

I am trying to use the external url link to upload the images but it doesn't want to know. Is there an easy path on the forum gallery that will recognise images uploaded from external sources such as Photo Bucket?

Cheers,

Colin
Hi No6 Grandson :-)

Welcome to the Forum, my late father, Douglas Russell, served with 101 Troop 6 Commando, nice to hear from another descendant of 6 Commando.
Not many of us about unfortunately :(

All the best,

Colin :D
Over 10,000 views now :shock:

Hello,

Just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk for £10.52 :D

Colin
Hi Andy :D

Thanks for the tip off, looks really interesting. Is this DVD available online :?:

If not, would it be something that could be sold through our online shop here :?:

Regards,

Colin
Great to have you join us Eric :D

Hope you will be able to pass on some of your knowledge to the Forum to enable us to learn more about the Commandos.

Regards,

Colin

Fred Pooley enquiry must be attracting a lot of attention.

4732 views since posting on 18 March must be a record on this site 8)

That averages 225 views per day since posting......amazing :shock:

Lets hope some info comes from all those viewings.

Colin :D
Welcome Peter :D

Your input of info will be much appreciated as the content of your website contains the most names of 6 Commando available on the web.

Regards,

Colin
Hi :D

I thought I would welcome another Russell 8) to the CVA.

My father was Douglas Alexander Russell serving with 6 Commando.

Good luck with your enquiries :-)

Cheers, Colin :D
Hello :D

I would like to offer my help as a "fan" of No 6 Commando, my late father's unit.

The author of 6 Commando website would be an excellent recruit in this exercise.

Regards,

Colin
Great idea Geoff :D

Would it be possible to have close up images to show the artwork and detail :?:

Regards,

Colin
Thanks Geoff,

Subject closed as far as I am concerned.

Kind regards,

Colin

Forum Index » Profile for Colin Russell » Messages posted by Colin Russell
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger