commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Leighton Grey
Forum Index » Profile for Leighton Grey » Messages posted by Leighton Grey
Many thanks to everyone for their guidance.

Leighton
Thanks for the replies. I have managed to extract some more info from my Father in Law and my Wife.

I understand my wifes Grandfather, whose name was Thomas Garland Bray, may have been in 2 Commando. He definitely was not in Dunkirk and I dont know which Territorial Unit he was in.

Following the training camp in Ireland he went to a training camp in Scotland where I understand he was an instructor and may have been Mess Seargent.

I have also found out that possibly following the action in Norway he was admitted to Rookwood Hospital in Cardiff with a Back injury.

I can remember him in his 70's and even then he was a pretty formidable person. He was only about 5ft 5inches tall and he would invite me to hold his wrists tight but he would be out of it in a split second and it was me that would be in his grip.

Again many thanks to everyone for their help.

Leighton
I am trying to find out information for my wife on her grandfather who she understands volunteered for the Commandos around 1939 - 1940. He had previously been a member of the Monmouthshire territorials.
Unfortunately she does not know his Soldier Number so it is very difficult tracking down his service record.
All she knows is that after joining the Commandos he went to Ireland to train, following that was posted to a camp in Scotland. Ata some point around 1941 he was involved in a raid on an island or islands off the coast of Norway.
Any help or guidance on how we could obtain his service record would be much appreciated.
Leighton Grey

Forum Index » Profile for Leighton Grey » Messages posted by Leighton Grey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger