commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Susan Beavers
Forum Index » Profile for Susan Beavers » Messages posted by Susan Beavers
My son discovered this site a couple of weeks ago and, looking through Ted Redmond's collection of 44 Commando photos, came across a picture of a commando who we believe may be his grandfather (my father). The photo is entitled Under Way, and we think he's in the foreground of the photo. He may also be in the one entitled On Board. I intend to post a photo of my father. His name is Edmund Nelson. As a Royal Marine, he joined 44 Commando in August 1943 and was involved in combined operations in Burma being wounded in action at Hill 170 on 26th January 1945. Now aged 99, I suspect he will be one of the few surviving founder members of the 3rd Brigade. I'd be really grateful if you could provide any further details of where and when the photos were taken. It would be great to have any further information just to confirm that it is him.
Thanks, Susan

Forum Index » Profile for Susan Beavers » Messages posted by Susan Beavers
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger