commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: nina tweedle
Forum Index » Profile for nina tweedle » Messages posted by nina tweedle
Final downloaded record.
Nina
Hi Nick,
2nd record
Nina
Hi Nick,
I have received my fathers records from the Army Personnel Centre and attach the three I feel are most relevant.
It appears my father had two tours of duty in Europe, from 6 June to 8 Sept '44 and from 14 Jan to 12 June '45.
Best wishes,
Nina
Memorial Service 3
Memorial Service 2
Many thanks for all your hard work Nick, Danny and Guy.
I attach three photos of a memorial service which must have been important to my father as he didn't keep a lot of photographs.
I don't know anything about it so would be very interested if anyone knows where or what it is,
Nina
Hi,
I found this photograph which I think may be of the police intake when my father joined the commandos as it's similar to a photograph already on the Gallery.

Nina
Hi Nick,
3rd photo at higher resolution.
I have a few more photographs which I will download later.
Nina
2nd photo
Nina
Hi Nick,
I'll have to add one at a time at this higher resolution.
Nina
Thank you for your detective work Nick and Danny. I'm pretty sure that is my father on all three of those photographs, in fact I find that I've actually got a copy of photo 0044 myself.
I do have a few more photos. Would it be worthwhile putting these on the website to see if they jog any more memories?
Nina
Hi Guy,
My father was stationed at Bow Street station prior to the war and at Finchley and Hendon when he returned to the Met Police after the war.
By the way, how did you know that he was in the Met Police?
I had not been aware that he joined the commandos immediately on leaving the police. He said he carried out his commando training in Fort William and Achnacarry but other than that I have no idea where he was posted.
With thanks
Nina
Sorry Nick. My computer skills are not the best. This is the photograph of my father.
Nina
Thanks for your prompt reply Nick.
I'll apply for my father's service record as you suggest.
In the meantime here are a couple of photographs of my father which could be of use.

Many thanks,
Nina
I am the daughter of Cpl David Irvine who died in June 1976.

I know he was in the 1st Commando Brigade and landed in Normandy on D Day.

I think, but am not sure, that he was in the 6th Commando.

He served in the Commandos from 20 May 1943 until 3rd November 1945 and I have his Commando Service Certificate stating both these dates.

His Service No was 14604374 and he was with the Seaforth Highlanders prior to joining the Commandos.

I know nothing else about his army service and would be very grateful to receive any information you may have.

With thanks,
Nina Tweedle

Forum Index » Profile for nina tweedle » Messages posted by nina tweedle
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger