commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Maggie
Forum Index » Profile for Maggie » Messages posted by Maggie
Thank you so much for your kind message Pete and for placing Dads name on the Commando Obituaries.
Thank you Nic it's very sad. He's being buried tomorrow and the British Legion are doing the honours for him. We are hoping to have a piper to play the skins slow march.
It is with great sadness that I let you know that my Dad, William Hutchison of 5trp 5 Commando, passed away in his sleep on 23rd October 2016.Dad got to the ripe old age of 91 and spoke quite often and fondly, especially in his final years, of his time with the Commandos. I have added some more photos of Dad and some of his friends Fanling in India.
Thank you Nic, that is a copy of a copy so it's not too bad.
Hi all I'm starting this thread in the hope someone may remember my Dad, William Hutchison, also known as Hutch, Billy and Willie. Dad was in 5troop, No 5 Commando. I will post a couple of pics of Dad as soon as he sends them to me.
Hi Nick and Andy, thank you so much for your very warm welcome. My dad lives in Northern Ireland and I was over recently and was able to show him the larger photo in the album ( I have been lurking around for a while) this l did before my Internet connection went. He said he recognised most of the people on it and said they had all just finished training in Burma I think he said. He was very moved.
I didn't get much more of a chance to talk to him about it as it was a flying visit. However I have asked him to let me have any photos he has and I will scan them in.
Andy I would love the third Jungle Book for him and I will pm you my address thank you so much.
Routing around in an old book shop many years ago I found a book written by a commando about all the commandos and looked through to see if there was any mention of 5 commando. I found a passage about Hill 170 and sent it off to Dad and he was very excited. I will also find the name of the book etc. I don't think it's in print now.
Nick on the photo 5troop photo of Billy Moore's my dad id 3rd row up and 11th from the left. I will sort out Dad joining the CVA.
Hi everyone, my Dad was in 5troop 5 commando and he has his certificate framed. I think he joined in 43 when he was 18. He speaks fondly of his time with the commandos and as you can see by the photos was extremely proud be a commando. I have a photo of Dad and would love it if anyone remembered him. I will upload as soon as I've scanned it in. His name is William Hutchison and he is on the list you have compiled. As you can see he has the certificate framed and I wasn't able to take a good pic. Also the top medals are my Dad's and the bottom ones are my Grandad's.

Forum Index » Profile for Maggie » Messages posted by Maggie
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger