commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Cardophillipo
Forum Index » Profile for Cardophillipo » Messages posted by Cardophillipo
Does anyone happen to know why the Red Warehouse was so named. I have only seen a b&w photo of the small remaining section and it seems to be whitewashed with a corrugated iron roof. Was ir red?

Many thanks

Richard P
Thanks Peter, I have these maps but my copies have been altered and information omitted like the Bren Gun positions around the Red Warehouse.

Many thanks

Richard P
Thanks Peter that's great as it mentions the Steamship Wharf which is referenced on the sketch map I have of the Red Warehouse and the surrounding area.

Cheers

Richard P
Hello,

I am currently researching the Vaagso raid as I am building some terrain for a wargame to be held at the West Midlands Military Modelling Show in March 2019. I have some maps and have read accounts of the operation but I am finding it difficult to piece together an accurate map of the position of the buildings mentioned in accounts. For example Youngs attack on the Red Warehouse, on the maps I have seen I am unable to locate the so named Red Warehouse although one account mentions Landing Craft 106, which may have transported Captain Young from Maaloy, landing just to the south of a fish factory across the road from the town's cemetery. Again the cemetery is not marked on maps I have nor does it indicate which fish factory.

Seternes Lighthouse is mentioned in reports, the mechanism was disabled, but I can find no information on what Seternes Lighthouse looked like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Richard P

Forum Index » Profile for Cardophillipo » Messages posted by Cardophillipo
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger