commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Pusserstoker
Forum Index » Profile for Pusserstoker » Messages posted by Pusserstoker
It does look similar, but cant see the carving of Neptune on the wall.
A photo of my grandad WJE Hill, who served with 45 commando prior to setting off for D-day. He survived the war but caught pneumonia while swimming the Rhine.
As promised here are some photos of my grandad WJE Hill also called Eric.
Hi thank you very much for the information you have sent. I will upload the photos that I have. My grandad had a photo in his medal display cabinet that shows e-troop. Still not sue which troop he was with. HD caught pneumonia swimming the Rhyyne river i believe and was casevacced back to the UK. Also heard that he got busted from corporal back down to marine for punching his relief awake after finding wine in a French farmhouse.
Great ! Yes please, I will try and post some photos I have of him, not sure where they were taken though. My email is pusserstoker@ yahoo. CO.uk
I am the grandson of WJE Hill who served with 45 commando during the war. I am trying to find sny details of his service including service number. I have some old photos which I will upload to the site, any detail of these would be very much appreciated.

Forum Index » Profile for Pusserstoker » Messages posted by Pusserstoker
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger