commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Wolgang
Forum Index » Profile for Wolgang » Messages posted by Wolgang
Pete wrote:Chris Morris has kindly sent in a photo of Sgt John Park and a wreath he laid at his grave

Hello Pete, I am looking for the children or grandchildren of Sergeant John Park. Do you know if Chris Morris has more information? Thanks in advance
[quote=Peter Cooper]I think you may have problems tracing his movements after this. He could have moved anywhere in the UK or even overseas. Good luck in your search.[/quote]

Yes, Thanks very much
[quote=Peter Cooper]On February 1oth 1947, Kottka (Jones) of 6 Melrose Avenue London, became a naturalised British citizen.[/quote]

Yes, found in the London Gazette (April 25, 1947) page 1838
[quote=Peter Cooper]Many references to Howarth (Nathan) in 'Striking Back' by Peter Masters as mentioned earlier in this post.[/quote]

Thank you for the reference but I am French, and I do not know much English so I am not able to read a book in English.

I only wanted to know if the commando Vladimir Kottka made a prisoner of war in Gravelines returned to London in 1947, but I wanted to know only what he became, and when he died.

Thanks anyway
Hello,

knowing that Jack JONES is Vladimir KOTTKA, born in Ormks (Russia) in 1911 and who was naturalized on February 10, 1947, he was a clock repairer on that date and lived in 6 melrose avenue in London.

On December 24, 1943, he was taken prisoner in Gravelines (Hardtack 11) and was 10 commando X-Troop.

Who would have information about his life after 1947 and when would he have died ? Thank you in advance for the answers.
Hello,
knowing that Jack JONES is Vladimir KOTTKA, born in Ormks (Russia) in 1911 and who was naturalized on February 10, 1947, he was a clock repairer on that date and lived 6 Melrose avenue in London. Who would have information about his life after 1947 and when would he have died? Thank you in advance for the answers.
Alan Orton wrote:Hello Wolfgang,

the name I have for Jones is Cpl. Jack Jones in reality he may have been Vladmir Kottka born in Russia attached from 3 (X) Troop 10 Commando. I have possible 2 service numbers both for the Pioneer Corps both though are not recorded in the WO 417 files.

I have no further information to add regarding Chapman.

Alan.

Thanks Alan,
Graham and you help me a lot. thank you very much
GrahamCooper wrote:
The book "The King's own loyal Enemy Aliens" has the following ref :

Kotta,Vladimir.13802873,later JONES,13118611,said to have been a Russian,Cpl 219 Coy PC;later 3 / 10 Cdo,in Op

HARDTACK opposite Graveline,taken prisoner there,liberated at end of war.

Graham

Wouahhhh !..... SUPER, thanks, thanks very much.
On December 23, we will affix a plaque on the stele already present with the names of all the commandos of the raid on Gravelines.
Thanks Graham
Hello everyone,
who could give me the first names of the 2 others Britishs during the raid of Gravelines Hardtack 11: Corporal radio JONES and the sailor of MTB CHAPMAN ?
thank you in advance
Phil Eyden wrote:Was this Hardtack 11 Wolgang?

A summary I have: Christmas Eve 1943, seven Free French commandos of 10 (Inter-Allied) Commando and led by WO Waller to the beaches at Gravelines between Calais and Dunkirk ended disastrously. The dory that should have transferred the party back to the MTB suffered engine failure and then sank. The party failed to make a successful swim back to the boat before dawn light and it was forced to return to Dover. One man may have drowned in the attempt to reach it, but the others were forced to melt away into the countryside and join the French Resistance. A rescue mission despatched from Dover the following night failed to find any of the party.

You are right. But it's not Waller but Wallerand. And there was also John Park who drowned. The other 5 French commandos remained on the beach with two other British: Chapman and Jones. I have no other information about the British but I write a book about the raid and what the other 5 commandos did after the raid (resistance, prisoner .....). I know that Jones was seen again by his troupe after 1944. It was Operation Layforce II a series of reports: hardtack, between Christmas 1943 and February 1944: The 10 Commando, a part of 12 Commando and the 2 Special Boat Service. Excuse-me for my bad english .....
Pete wrote:Hi Wolgang

Thank you for the photo which I have now added to our War Graves gallery. If youu provide your full name I will add that as a credit for the photo. Here is a link to it in the gallery

https://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+War+Graves+Memorials+and+Plaques/graves/France+Cemeteries/Grave+of+Sgt_+John+Park+No+4+Cdo.jpg.html

My name is Bruno DUREZ. I live to Gravelines. I am writing a book on the Gravelines raid on December 24, 1943 (Hardtack 11). we do not know his family and we do not have pictures. Do you have a way to contact one of his children Dorothy Bailey (Park) ?
Oye-Plage, France
Hello, I am French and I am writing a book on the Gravelines raid on December 24, 1943.
We know his story a bit but we do not have pictures and we do not know his family. Do you have a way to contact one of his children or others ?
I had the opportunity to go to his grave in Oye-Plage, I live to Gravelines.

Write me please.

Forum Index » Profile for Wolgang » Messages posted by Wolgang
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger