commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jmglover
Forum Index » Profile for jmglover » Messages posted by jmglover
Hi everyone,
I've began a quest to find relatives of my husband. Jack/John GLOVER was in WW1, we don't know what he did or what Regt. He is said to have put up his age, and was invalided out, year unknown. Perhaps he was born 1900ish? My husband says he was from Frome, Somerset.
He was training Commandoes in Scotland in the 1940's, he could well have done that for many years, we don't know his Army history at all.
My husband was a 12year old in Staffordshire when "Jack" GLOVER called and stayed sometime around 1942-3, he was related, but we don't know how. Jack used to go running barechested in the cold and snow.
We are coming to the UK later this year, and thought we might be able to find out something about him, and find his given name also, that would be a help to trace his WW1 service, and perhaps some family. We know he had a son Reginald who was in WW11.
Thanks for any help you can give,
Cheers,
Jill, Brisbane.

Forum Index » Profile for jmglover » Messages posted by jmglover
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger