commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Andythatcher
Forum Index » Profile for Andythatcher » Messages posted by Andythatcher
Thank you so much Pete for the information, it has closed the book on what happened on that day. My dad was the youngest of five and always believed his brother died instantly and although he will never know the full event as he has passed on it hit me hard when I started researching and it said that he died on the 2nd after being wounded on the 1st, it never stopped my dad serving in the signals, myself serving in 2LI ( now 5 rifles) and my daughter joining the RA next week ( 11-3-18) as a junior in Harrogate.
Once again thankyou so much and I will keep researching his career
Andy Thatcher.
Hi All
I am trying to get as much info on my uncle who served with 47 commando B troop. He was marine Albert George may Thatcher PLY/x110293. My dad would take us on holiday to Ostende and can always remember his grave, some of the records I have found say he was injured on the 1st Nov and died on the 2nd (DOWS) and looking at others from 47 guessing he got cas evaced.
Any info would be graeatly appreciated.
Andy Thatcher

Forum Index » Profile for Andythatcher » Messages posted by Andythatcher
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger