commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Stephen Dray
Forum Index » Profile for Stephen Dray » Messages posted by Stephen Dray
Guy, thank you so much for this
Regards
Stephen
Hi Pete thanks so much for the response. I am looking for any information about my Uncle Reg member of 11th Battalion and listed on the tapestry. Reg was captured at Tobruk and we believe he was possibly taken to Italy. Somehow he was released, possibly some kind of exchange, and returned to Egypt. Unfortunately while travelling to an airstrip in Egypt he was killed in an accident on 17th April 1943 age 26.
I am particularly trying to solve exactly how he died. My sisters say he was traveling on a motorbike but rode into the propellor of the plane he was about to board. However I remember my mum and dad (who both served in WWII) saying that he was in a lorry that went over a mine.
If anyone has any information about him of any type I would love to know. I have photos and many letters he sent to my dad from the start of the war which I am happy to share. Sadly no one has ever visited his grave and its something I am determined to do. Any help/ info about him greatly appreciated.

Forum Index » Profile for Stephen Dray » Messages posted by Stephen Dray
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger