commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jostevens
Forum Index » Profile for jostevens » Messages posted by jostevens
I have viewed the items and the writing is by my Grampa's hand.
His real name was William Stanley Stevens but known as Stan.
I will try to attach some photos from some of the books I have but all the original photos and maps were donated to the the 'Royal Marines Museum' after his death in 1994.
I truly hope that these items are in good hands and if at a time in the future you decide to sell you will please let the family know first.

I am the grand daughter of Stanley Stevens who was a Royal Marine Commando and part of the group know as the 'Cockleshell heroes' in World War 2.
He talked very little about any aspect of the War and gave away all items from that time.
My family has tape recordings from the only interview that we could persuade him to do (with the Imperial War Museum) and a few books namely 'The Secret Navies' and SBS but would be extremely grateful for any information regarding my grandfather.

Forum Index » Profile for jostevens » Messages posted by jostevens
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger